The economic specialization of the Poviat of Tomaszów rests on six basic pillars, namely ceramic and construction industry, industrial mineral mining, timber industry, furniture and paper industry, agricultural food processing, chemical industry and electric machine engineering.
The main economic profile of the Poviat of Tomaszów is complemented by the textile and clothing industry, metal industry and construction. The strengths of the economic sector in the Poviat of Tomaszów include:
- A relatively high share of SMEs in the business entity structure. The said companies can be prospective vendors and partners (sub-suppliers or buyers of components) for foreign entities.
- Multifaceted specialization of the local economy,
- The presence of two sub-zones of the Lodz Special Economic Zone within the Poviat of Tomaszów, situated in the City of Tomaszów Mazowiecki (49.6478 ha) and the Commune of Ujazd (52.8 ha),
- Business operations of renowned brands, including the ones mentioned below, in the Poviat: Paradyż Sp. z o.o. (manufacture of ceramic tiles), Euroglas Polska Sp. z o.o. (manufacture of glass), Frito Lay Poland Sp. z o.o. (manufacture of food products, snacks), Chipita Poland Sp. z o.o. (manufacture of food products, incl. croissants, cakes, bake rolls) , Mesgo Polska Sp. z o.o. (manufacture of plastic and rubber), Sicher Bautechnik Sp. z o.o. (manufacture of construction chemicals), Wagran Sp. z o.o. (manufacture of granite sinks), Eurobox Polska Sp. z o.o. (manufacture of corrugated cardboard), FM Logistc Sp. z o.o. (logistic services), MEGATECH Industries Sp. z o.o. (manufacture of automotive upholstery and components), Fabryka Dywanów Weltom S.A., Roldrob S.A. (manufacture of poultry meat and products).
- The presence of two agricultural producer groups within the Poviat: Perfect Drób Sp. z o.o. and Farmex Sp. z o.o. (poultry breeding and poultry meat production). There is potential to create a poultry cluster.